Do you want to live in a thousand year old (established 990) perched, medieval village castle?! My cousin’s ‘castle’ in the perched, medieval village of Viens in Provence overlooking the Luberon range is for sale….Message me for information.
12th century Provence village house of great historical interest and completely restored.
Location: In the walls of the medieval village of VIENS situated in the heart of the Luberon range, approximately 80 km east of Avignon. 50 minutes from Airport, TGV station and motorway.
There is a grocery shop, a baker, a restaurant/bar and weekly traders in the village. The village also has its own school and post office. The house dates back to the 12th century. It has been restored with great taste. Originally two houses, it could be split back into two residences.
There are several balconies and a terrace on the top floor with magnificent views of the surrounding mountains. The oak beams are centuries old, the doors are ancient and the walls are up to 5 feet thick. There is even a magnificent Louis XV fireplace. This house has a great deal of character.
Good security due to its location in the village. The entrance is at the back of the house inside the village walls. A large spiral staircase leads to all floors and gives access to the “Chemin de ronde” balconies on the second and third floor. Electric heating supplemented by wood fired fireplaces with vents to the upper floors.
The roof and electrical wiring were redone in September 2004. Broadband available. Lots of charm and prestige. Exceptional house. Approximately 250 square metres excluding the cellars. Note: Some of the period furniture can also be negotiated for, at the time of the sale.
The accommodation comprises:
– 1 Entrance Hall.
– 1 Dining Room.
– 2 Lounges.
– 7 Bedrooms.
– 4 Bathrooms.
– 1 Utility room.
– 2 Kitchens.
– 2 Chemins de Ronde , 1 balcony.
– 1 Terrace.
– 3 Vaulted cellars.
– Entrance hall. Facing the entrance door is an old bakers oven. Quarry tiled floor.
– Dining Room
– Main kitchen. Tiled counter tops and double sink. Gas fired cooker. Quarry tiled floor. Window facing the inside of the village with external wood shutters.
– Utility room. (Washing machines etc.). This room also has a toilet and sink. Window with external wood shutters facing the inside of the village.
– Ground floor lounge. Quarry tiled floor. Main window facing the inside of the village and small windows facing the outside of the village. Large fireplace with enclosed glass wood burner fitted with
vents to heat upper floors.
– Winter kitchen. Quarry tiled floor. Small sink, gas fired cooker. Electric oven. Small window facing the outside of the village. Between first and second floor in the tower.
– Bedroom 1. Carpeted floor. Window with external wood shutters facing the outside of the village.
– Bedroom 2. This room has a secret passage used as a closet. Terrazzo tiles flooring. Window with external wood shutters facing the inside of the village. En suite bathroom (bathroom 1).
– Bathroom 1. Decorated sink, toilet, bidet and bath. Terrazzo tile flooring. Window with external wood shutters facing the inside of the village.
– Small room used as an office.
– Bedroom 3. Tiled floor. Window with external wood shutters facing the outside of the village.
– Bathroom 2, with sink, bath and small storage area. Tiled floor.
– Separate toilet
– Bedroom 4. Tower room. Semi circular shape. Carpeted floor.
– Bedroom 5. Terrazzo tiled floor. Both these rooms lead to a small balcony.
– Bathroom 3. Sunken bath, sink and toilet.
Second floor lounge with access to “Chemin de ronde” balcony with views of the surrounding countryside.
This lounge has three windows facing the inside of the village and has an original Louis XV fireplace.
– Bedroom 6. With sink and bidet. Tiled floor. Window facing inside of village and door leading terrace.
– Bedroom 7. Carpeted. En suite bathroom.
– Bathroom 4. With sink, bath and toilet.
– Roof top terrace. Tiled floor
For more information, call Lesley Davidson at 904 509-2424 or email me at LJDavidson2003@gmail.com.